Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aug. 30th: A Look at Storm Damage

When I was out and about the other day, wondering when my internet was gonna come back on (it came back at noon today...thank God), I hopped in my car to check out the damage that Hurricane Irene had wrought upon us.

Here's a close call.
This tree had a little too much last night...
Sucks to be this house.
See the branches on those power lines? Ouch.

That last picture looked like the culprit behind my lost power AND my lost internet. I hope it becomes mulch. Mulch that feeds hippies at their picnics. I know that they have picnics, and that mulch will help make the next one more enjoyable because all they do is eat mulch. You know what? I gotta stop watching Fox News.

By the way, these were just the ones I managed to get pictures for. Around my neighborhood and elsewhere, there were downed trees and power lines wherever I went. As in: some were split in half, several trees were big enough to block roads, and generally being a pain in the ass.

At least that's all over and done with. With the internet back, I can safely say that there will be no more homicides. I mean, er, no more homicides today! Umm...erm...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!

Follow Me on Twitter!
"Like" Beaming For Bunnies on Facebook!
"Like" my Simpsons Quote of The Day Facebook Page!

1 comment:

smi4ever said...

I was thinking the same thing with that last photo. THAT'S why you lost power.