Friday, August 12, 2011

Aug. 12th: Meet The Fatheads

So last night, not doing anything really special and staring at nothing like I usually do, I got this random thought:

"Hmm, I wonder if The Fatheads from Rocko's Modern Life is on youtube?"

And sure enough, it is:


Here's a compilation of all the Fatheads segments from the episode "I Have No Son." Fun Fact: The theme song from this show was a direct homage to the one for "You Can't Do That on Television," one of Nickelodeon's earliest hits.

This is truly one of my favorite things from childhood, they really don't make 'em like this anymore. I'll be honest when I say that this episode was the moment I learned the word "solicitor." Such effort & creativity was put into a simple show-within-a-show, I truly wish this was spun-off into a full series. If Joe Murray's reading this: THERE'S STILL TIME. EVERYONE WILL LOVE THIS. GIVE ME FREE STUFF.
And I sure haven't watched this about 15 times since last night. Nope, no siree. Not true. Okay, maybe slightly true.

Sometime in the future I should write an entry about my favorite Rocko episodes. This one's in my top 5.


No comments: