Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug. 14th: Ron Swanson Dances to Everything.

One of my new favorite shows right now? Parks and Recreation on NBC.

Not pictured: Jean-Ralphio

It's a sorta-spinoff of "The Office," and it centers around the daily goings-on of the Parks and Rec department of Pawnee, Indiana. It's got sharp writing, a wonderful cast, and everyone should be watching this right now, dammit. I've been kicking myself for not knowing what I was missing all this time.

There was one episode from this past season called "The Fight," where most of its plot centers around the Parks & Rec gang hanging out the The Snake Pit, a club owned by a couple of the employees. Local schemer Tom Haverford (the awesome Aziz Ansari) invents a concoction known as Snake Juice, which manages to get everyone plastered. Including everyone's favorite lovable badass, Ron Swanson:

"You had me at Meat Tornado."

He's one of those manly, no-nonsense types who hates all forms of government. Why is he even there, then? Why, so that there's one less bureaucrat in office, that's why! He loves all things meat, to the point where he once demanded for all of the bacon and eggs from a diner when he was disappointed with his steak. And his personal rule for crying? Acceptable only at funerals and the grand canyon.

Why he hasn't won an Emmy for his role has astounded experts for years. So with that in mind, it's even more hilarious when he's drunk, and we only see him dance:


After a few minutes of regaining my breath from laughter, I started to realize that his dancing could sync up to ANY music that was playing. So last night on a whim, I created this:


I call it "Ron Swanson Dances to Everything." I'm personally proud of this. If you have any suggestions of what song I should have him dance to next, just lemme know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls for the sake of irony, and "What is Love" by Haddaway as a tribute to SNL.

Funny video, BTW.