Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug. 15th: Soundtracks For Summer: Beach Song

Part 23 in my ongoing "Soundtracks For Summer" series.

Summer's still going on, and today's song that reminds people of summer happens to be a fan request! Joy!


Umm...yeah. This is "Beach Song" by the Dead Milkmen. This isn't usually in my genre of frequently-listened-to music, but I'll give it a shot. I mustn't let down the fans, dammit! I need them more than they need me!

Hmm...I've listened to this song about five times now and I think I can grab something summer-y out of it besides the title. If anything, this song DOES remind me of laying on the beach, so there's that. It also makes me think about one of those 30-something guys wearing dark sunglasses and one of those hats that would sit atop the head of Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson.

"Bat country," etc., etc.

Like that. The guy's hairy all over, he's almost out of cigarettes, and he just decided to go down to the beach by himself today and yell at anyone who passed by him.

One of those guys. That's a summer guy, I guess.

But you know what else? When I searched for "Beach Song," I found this first:


"The Beach Song" by famous composer Hans Zimmer. Now THIS is a song that has summer punching you in the chest. Yeah, this is a good note to end the entry on.

See ya tomorrow, folks!

BTW, I'm also taking reader submissions for future "Soundtracks For Summer" entries. If you've got an idea, pop me an email at beamingforbunnies@gmail.com OR comment on this entry OR at the Facebook Fan Page with the name of the song, and a reason or two why it defines "Summer" for you. You'll be glad you did.

Follow Me on Twitter!
"Like" Beaming For Bunnies on Facebook!

"Like" my Simpsons Quote of The Day Facebook Page!

1 comment:

Fungusmungus said...

I gave my ice cream to a crab and now I've got nothing to eat.

The Beach Boys got nothing on a line like that.

Nicely done!