Thursday, June 19, 2008

P is also for Publicity

Back in the N entry I mentioned attending the Strawberry Shortcake Eating Contest on Father's Day.

I mentioned some of the people that were there, even detailing the performances by Eric "Badlands" Booker and "Beautiful Brian" Seiken.

Including my email address in the same entry seems to have yielded some interesting results. What should I find in my inbox this morning but an email from "Beautiful Brian" himself??

Word for word, here is what he said:

Steve this is Beautifulbrian. Appreciate the writeup on my performance. You have the right to your opinion but if you took the time out to listen to the cd which can be purchased on www.myspace.com/picklechamp you would come to realize that there are few 48yr olds that can carry a tune period! , and the songs are quite catchy. If you feel that 10bucks is out of your price range i would be glad to send you a complimentary copy. The screeching voice you heard at mattituck is not the same voice you hear on the cd. Not fair to pre judge something you havent heard .


You know what that means to me?





An actual well-known person has read my blog!! It's a Competitive Eater to boot! Take that, Delilah!

In the words of Steve Martin: I'm somebody now!!

Needless to say, I'm quite amazed that I got a response in the first place. I sent him back a message telling him this fact and that I honestly thought his performance was funny. That song he sang had been stuck in my head for the last few days. I also told him that he had my $10 towards his album.

He then sent me back(!) another message saying that he'll send a copy of his album to me free of charge due to my support of him. Class act is all I have to say about it.

I also asked how he managed to find this blog in the first place, but so far he hasn't given me an answer for that one. (EDIT: A quick Google search for "Beautiful Brian" Seiken shows that this very entry is the 12th hit, while the N entry is nowhere to be found)

Since I promised, go visit him at his myspace page, and his official homepage, and encourage others to do the same.

Here is a vid of him in action as the World Pickle Eating Champion:



(must...avoid...juvenile reference...)


Beaming For Bunnies fully supports "Beautiful Brian" Seiken & "Crazy Legs" Conti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too cool! I agree, competitive eating > Delilah. Nothing against Delilah but her show is not something you can cheer for!