Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sept. 3rd: Home of The Good Burger

Today, I decided to go on a grand adventure. Where to, you ask? Why to fabulous New York City, of course! Why exactly? Well, I was bored and I wanted to try an eatery that I've been wanting to go to for some time: GoodBurger.


Well, not that Good Burger. Some entrepreneur in New York decided to open up a burger franchise named after the popular All That sketch.


See, there it is, right on 45th Street. This is the part of the post where I post a few pictures of the interior and tell you that the place was actually kinda classy looking and looks nothing like the McDonald's clone from TV and the moving pictures. But the guy working at the counter gave me a weird look and I didn't take any. Lousy anxieties.

I did, however, take a pic of the burger I ate.


Nothing fancy, just a Classic Good Burger, with an Arnold Palmer to wash it down. Why no fries? I'm cheap, I guess. Still got the no job, but today's entry was brought to you by the New York State Department of Labor. Getting unemployment money is calming the shakes for now, but I 'd rather work for the money. I think this means I'm getting old.

I got the Arnold Palmer (that's a half lemonade, half iced tea concoction by the way) because I've been cutting down on the soda lately, but I've been diving back into that habit again. With that in mind, if I had known beforehand, I would've gotten some orange soda to go with the burger. Come on, you're at Good Burger and DON'T get the orange soda? That's just nuts. Again, blame the anxieties.

But before I babble on and fall asleep at the keyboard, I gotta tell you how it tastes. Well, not gonna lie to you, the burger lived up to its name. It was a good burger! Meat was good and juicy, and none of the fixin's (lettuce, raw onions, pickles, ketchup, and yes, bacon) tasted off or overpowered the burger in any way. Everything complimented everything else.

So if you're in the area, I suggest you check the place out. The only complaint I have was that the person taking my order didn't say "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your order?" Again, nuts.


Follow Me on Twitter!
"Like" Beaming For Bunnies on Facebook!
"Like" my Simpsons Quote of The Day Facebook Page!

No comments: