Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Contest!

Ok, to keep y'all occupied while I attempt to finish my "50 Greatest Animated Villains of All Time" list, how about another contest?

I guess the "Name That Catchphrase" contest I held a while back was too hard. I promise to make this one easier and more universal to my readers at large.

People love Disney, and by proxy, Disney Songs. But how much do you know them?

Taking a page from a Facebook meme, I'll list the first line or so from 20 Disney Songs. The challenge: you tell me what's the song, and where it's from. BUT! Please send those answers to my email at beamingforbunnies@gmail.com.

Oh, and just like last time: they'll start easy, but oh, will they get harder. Just so you know, I've omitted songs where their titles are in the first line, like "When You Wish Upon a Star," and "Hakuna Matata," so they're not too obvious. Of course, It's Disney, so there's a whole lot of them that do this. It's a wonder that I found 20.

If you REALLY do obsess over all things Disney like you say you do, this should be a breeze. Let's begin!

1) "It's a world of laughter, a world of tears..."

2) "The seaweed is always greener, In somebody else's lake..."

3) "I can show you the world..."

4) "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me..."

5) "Life is like a hurricane..."

6) "I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware..."

7) "Who does she think she is? That girl has tangled with the wrong man!..."

8) "In every job that must be done, There is an element of fun..."

9) "We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, in a mine the whole day through..."

10) "Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't like to see something strange..."

11) "You think I'm just an ignorant savage..."

12) "Think of a wonderful thought..."

13) "One little spark of inspiration, Is at the heart of all creation..."

14) "Daring duck of mystery, Champion of right..."

15) "When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake..."

16) "Come stop your crying, It will be all right..."

17) "Step right up and come on in, here's where the fun begins..."

18) "Gather 'round and I'll elucidate, What goes on outside when it gets late..."

19) "If you had wings, you could do many things..."

20) "Calling one and all tonight, it's hoppin' at the hall tonight..."

Good luck to everyone! I've made sure that #'s 19 and 20 were from the most obscure Disney songs that I could find. I shall admit, several of them are "gimmies," and I'm hoping for a few foreheadslap moments when you figure them out. Even if you DO google for them, I assure you they'll still be quite tough to find.

Be sure to send your answers to beamingforbunnies@gmail.com

The deadline for entries is...well...let's say 11:59pm on Sunday, 9/21. Seems like plenty of time. The entrant with the most correct answers wins. In the unlikely event of a tie, the earliest entrant will be awarded the grand prize.

The Prize? Well, how about a chance to write your own entry for Beaming for Bunnies! If there is a tie (or if I decide on a 2nd place), you'll get to write an In 10 Words entry! That's my new blog, be sure to visit it daily!

Also, notice how I didn't specifically say Disney Movies. There's songs from TV, as well as from the theme parks on this list as well. There are exactly 4 songs from theme park rides on this list.

Remember: Send answers to beamingforbunnies@gmail.com before 11:59 on Sunday 9/21

1 comment:

Galileo said...

Hint: To my X-E readers (ie, most of you), look in the Jukebox if you get stumped!

I need entries...