Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer! You just got here!

Well, this is a post that I SHOULD have posted a week ago, but here we are.

Basically, it's the end of Summer now that school is back in session. Yes, I'm slightly disappointed with how my summer went. August didn't really pan out the way I wanted it to, and for the first time in my entire life, I looked forward to school starting just for the change of scenery.

Back in May, I posted a little "To-Do List" for summer. Let's see how that went:

1) Watch the following DVDs I haven't gotten to yet: Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie Film For Theaters, American Dad Vol 2.
Ironically, while I have watched other DVDs, I didn't watch any of these. Wow.

2) See the following movies: Iron Man, Speed Racer, Dark Night, Wall-E. Those are definite.
Aside from Speed Racer, I saw all of these, along with Tropic Thunder & Get Smart. Yay me. You can click the links on the movies to get their respective reviews.

3) Finish reading "The Time Machine Did It"
Did this a few days after posting the list. Hilarious book, and I'm getting the rest of Swartzwelder's books when I get the chance & money.

4) Buy & Read "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" (at least the first book)
I bought it, and I only got halfway through Hitchhikers Guide so far.

5) Team Trip to White Castle! Yes, we must invade as a group once again!
If by "team" you mean my friend Danny, then yes, I did that.

6) Team Trip to a Buffet! Want to do this again.
See above.

7) Go back to NYC. I still want to do the NBC Studio Tour, and to see a taping of Conan before he moves to LA.
Sadly, it didn't happen.

8) Go to an Amusement Park. I want to go back to Great Adventure at least once this year, damnit!
Same with this one.

9) Hang out with my friends & frat bros. This will hopefully happen, preferably in #s 5 & 6.
Did this, but I felt like I should've done more. Oh, the perils of being socially retarded.

10) Blog some more. Oh, yes, I have a few things planned. I've got one planned about Brawl, one on the Museum of Natural History expedition I went on last week, and, of course, the other 4 parts of my "Top 50 Animated Villains" list.
Hell yes I did this. June came around not long after...and we all know how great that went. Expect parts 4 & 5 of the Villains List in the near future. Part 5 is pretty much mapped out, all I have to do is get Part 4 up and running.


So...I had a good summer. Not an awesome one, but a good one.

4 comments:

Van said...

I'm sooo glad it's finally fall. Summer was becoming a really big pest, what with the HEAT and all.

I hated August too. The best thing that happened was when we went to Chili's for my sisters birthday.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, how was Get Smart? I have been tempted to see it, but not sure if it's worth the money.

Galileo said...

kb: Get Smart was ok, but not worth goin to the theater for.

Steve Carrell & Alan Arkin were both awesome, though.

Anonymous said...

I always figured I'd wait to watch Get Smart. I don't think it's going to do the original justice.