Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween!

 It's Halloween again!

This is usually when I share cosplay I saw at NYCC this year!

...But I didn't go this year. Yeah, big shocker.

I actually did other things this month!

In place of New York Comic Con, I spent that weekend on a trip to Kalahari Resorts in Pennsylvania! It's a giant indoor waterpark in the Poconos, and for once I was able to relax.




A few pics to show you just what was in store for me. I'm a colossal wimp when it comes to most water slides, I mostly vegged out in the two (yes two!) lazy rivers they had there. I haven't been to a water park in several, several years and this was the first one I've been to that was built in the past decade or so. Water parks have come so far, there were at least four giant slides with funnel elements.

I didn't go on those. I instead went on the smaller slides, and I liked the ones that needed innertubes better. And even then, I only rode those once each, because lugging up inner tubes up all those stairs gets pretty tiring when you're in your thirties. And if the water coaster they had there was running, I would've ridden that one, too. I guess I like being in control of something when I go on a ride? I was able to ride the "baby" slides, and those went really fast as it was! You wouldn't catch me dead on those two really tall slides that shot you straight down.

If I had to say a downside to the place, it's that it knows that you're a captive audience, and that you're more or less in the middle of nowhere in Pennsylvania and they charge you for everything like such. Prepare for three dollar sodas and forty dollar dinner buffets. Do you know what Sheetz is? If you don't, they won't tell you that there's one about ten minutes away. (It's kind of like Pennsylvania's answer to Wawa or 7-11 and way cheaper). And don't get me started on the price of booze.

It's also worth noting that by design, most of the water slides go out of the building before winding back inside, which makes the layout super confusing.

And it doesn't help that most of the slides have names like "The Smoke That Thunders," that don't really tell you what kind of ride you're in for.

It doesn't make for good pictures, anyway.


I DID, however, managed to snag these pictures a few weeks later when I took another trip to the area. This time it was for a buddy's bachelor party, the first one I've ever been to!

About a dozen of us went to this big farm house in the middle of nowhere for a weekend of fun.





Some nice views, if I may say so.

And drinking. Lots of drinking. Again, I was able to relax for once in my life and it was pretty nice to not have to care about any worries, at least for a weekend or two. Would highly recommend doing that.


Follow Me on Twitter!
Follow Me on Instagram!
"Like" Beaming For Bunnies on Facebook!
"Like" my Simpsons Quote of The Day Facebook Page!

No comments: