Friday, January 31, 2020

She Thinks She's People

It's January 31st, and you know what that means:

NATIONAL GORILLA SUIT DAY!!


Man, it felt like January went on forever, considering how quickly the past few years have passed by us. If you read the end of last month's entry, I've been feeling pretty down after the loss of my friend.

But the past few days have been looking up.


Here's a cute picture of my cat watching Jeopardy. She's still mad Ken Jennings won the GOAT tournament.


I watched a speedrun of Link's Awakening at Awesome Games Done Quick and I felt to urge to play it for myself, so I went out and bought it the first chance I got. I don't usually play Zelda games, this being the third one after Hyrule Warriors and Ocarina of Time. It's a pretty charming game, the graphics are pretty, and it's challenging but not too hard. Some people want Dark Souls, I just want an excuse to compulsively cut down all the grass with my sword, and this game delivers in spades. Sixty dollars well spent.


They're adding this emoji and I'm honestly excited for it. I'm an old guy and don't use them, but I might start now. With only this one. In place of words. That's how much I love this.


Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses got added to Smash Bros! Being the fifth DLC fighter of the (first) challenger pack, lots and lots of people were disappointed that Master Chief or whatshisface from Minecraft got snubbed in place of the only DLC character out of the six we got so far (Piranha Plant, Joker, Dragon Quest Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry Bogard) that I honestly saw coming. Fire Emblem is pretty big in Japan and I knew that a Three Houses rep was coming as soon as the game was announced, just like Corrin was added at the tail end of the last Smash game to promote that new FE game.

How do they play? Well, Byleth commits the sin of being one of two Fire Emblem characters without a Counter move (the other being Robin), but otherwise they're a strong one. Their main weakness is that most of their attacks are so slow, the windup on all the specials leave you wide open to an attack, and most of the attacks stop dead in their tracks the moment you're hit. But if you can land a hit? Especially on the neutral special? Everyone's as good as dead at pretty low percentages.

Oh, and a Cuphead Mii Fighter skin was added, so you can have him fight the Sans costume.


What a time to be alive.


The Good Place ended and I was not ready for it. It was pretty emotional, but also an incredibly satisfying sendoff.


A special Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch was announced! I was not prepared for how this news would break twitter, it's been hyped for so long.

And then everyone got mad when it turned out it doesn't even come with the game already installed like every other special edition Switch bundle out there.


Crisis on Infinite Earths finally concluded and I have to say they stuck the landing. It's honestly much harder to list what DIDN'T get a shout out here. All we know is that Arrow is dead for good, we got to see a Giant Beebo again, Movie Flash met TV Flash, we got a preview for a live-action Superfriends, and the Arrowverse shows all take place on the same Earth now. Which gets kinda confusing when you realize that includes Black Lightning, and that show is heavy as hell. Aside from some exposition in the first Post-Crisis episode, seems like nothing much changed there.


And finally, that Dolly Parton meme was going around and I had to make one for the ultimate sex symbol: Hans Moleman.

And here's one I made for Moe:


Somehow that one got more traction than the Moleman one.

That'll do it for this month, folks! Hard to believe this blog turns 12 next month!


Follow Me on Instagram!
"Like" Beaming For Bunnies on Facebook!

"Like" my Simpsons Quote of The Day Facebook Page!

No comments: