Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!



Much like my favorite nostalgia site X-Entertainment, I've been slacking off on any substantial updates. But much like X-E, today is a day for love! Not love for someone in particular, but a love for writing and proving that I'm not dead and/or migrating to Twitter.


Yes, today is Valentine's Day once again, probably my least favorite day of the year. People buying each other expensive heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, crowding all my favorite eateries, and just generally enjoying the company of another person.

How I despise that, and working in a pharmacy-type establishment for the past four years has not helped at all. Hundreds of people rushing in to buy pieces of cardboard with empty gestures written inside them that are simply going to end up in the trash within 48 hours. And then the process repeats next year, or until the next major holiday. Don't you just love consumerism?

On the flip side, some folks like to call this day "Singles Awareness Day," for all the people without a lover who don't leave their curtains closed next door. But I don't like that, either. I'm perfectly aware that I'm single, and I don't need yet another reminder of it, thank you very much.

But don't let my bitterness get in your way of your loving. A new entry with actual substance is in the process of being written, and I'll give you a hint to what it's about!

No comments: