Saturday, March 14, 2009

Say "From Charms!" "What?" (Cut, cut!)

It's my first entry in March and I apologize for not adding anything since the end of February. School, work, and such got in the way. Damn Thesis and whatnot.

Well, that's going to change right away with a trip down memory lane. I'm sure everyone remembers this Blow Pops ad from the early 90's:



To be fair, I don't know when exactly this ad was made, but I'm pretty sure that most of these kids are dead by now. All I know is that back in the early-to-mid 90's, Nickelodeon played this ad at just about every. single. commercial break. I already saw that Milhouse-looking kid hold the watermelon three times, lemme get back to Legends of The Hidden Temple, dammit!

On another note, I noticed the watermark on the vid says "Crowncombo.com" Hey, that's my blogger friend Mystie! Go visit her site now! It's more or less a girl version of X-Entertainment, but you say it like it's a bad thing!

A newer, longer entry to come later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wanted to be one of those kids when that commercial came out. They were so cool, with their free Blow Pops and brightly colored ramshackle clothes. I still think it's a brilliantly choreographed spot, but the kid with the deep bass voice creeped me out.

Anonymous said...

Definitely remember that one. How could you not, with as many times as they played it?