Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Trifecta

Before I get to some new, actual entries, I'd like to comment the recent celebrity deaths.

First up, Ed McMahon


Quite tragic, but sadly, I'm much to young to have actually witnessed anything he was famously involved with, with the exceptions of the Publisher's Clearing House ALF's short-lived talk show, and the occasional Jerry Lewis Telethon. What I do know is that he was the greatest Sidekick in the history of TV, and he's in heaven now, with fellow second banana TV's Frank, keeping Johnny Carson company.

A 10 Word tribute can be found here.

Also, he's the second announcer to die who was in this New York Lotto ad:



Don LaFontaine, who died late last year, is also here. All I have to say is...Watch out, Jeopardy Announcer Guy!

Then earlier today, we lost Farrah Fawcett



Pic was taken at a time when she was worth ogling at. I'm not a bad person, but I was getting fed up with how little time she had left. For every day for a few weeks back in May, people were talking about Farrah Fawcett, and how she was fighting her epic battle, and how little she had left, and what would happen with Ryan O'Neal, etc. Cancer is a horrible, horrible thing, especially ass cancer, but seriously, I've been on a death watch for her for the past two months. She's at peace now.



And of course, not to be outdone, Michael Jackson died earlier this evening. I wasn't an OMG Uperfan of his, but I am a fan of "Billie Jean," and "Beat It," Thriller being one of my favorite music videos of all time, and being an all-around nice guy for letting Weird Al parody his songs. I honestly thought the King of Pop was on his way to another semi-Comeback, but sadly, it seems that it won't happen while he's among the living. Or, whichever parts could have been counted as living, anyway. I was in Buffalo Wild Wings when the big tv on CNN was reporting that he was taken to the hospital for cardiac arrest. This usually isn't good, as cardiac arrest means "you gonna die, sucka." Then when it changed to "coma," I turned to my friend Steve and told him that we should let out all the MJ jokes that we can before he dies and "too soon" kicks in.

Here is that list:

-Jacko is now on his backo for good.
-He overdosed on Jesus Juice
-He didn't die, it was actually a man named Leon Kompowski
-Bubbles reportedly inconsolable
-He suffocated on his magical bedsheet, believed to give him sexual powers
-Now who's going to dangle babies out of windows now?
-Hey, at least we'll probably get cheap Beatles songs! And Earthbound!
-Of course he liked little boys, there was no part of him that was older than 18
-Hey, now he can re-enact Thriller!
-He had a heart attack when he found out that Farrah Fawcett died.

When he finally did die, not 10 minutes later the jukebox in the place started playing "ABC." If that wasn't enough, it was followed by "Billie Jean," "Thriller," and "Beat It."

4 comments:

DJ D said...

You left out--(and this only works when spoken aloud, not written)--

Why does Michael Jackson like 28 year olds?

Because there's 20 of them.

Dio said...

DEEJ. >(

HOW DARE you beat (it) me to that damned joke. XD

Anonymous said...

You people are sick....

Galileo said...

You say it like it's a bad thing, Anonymous.

BTW, I'd rather these "Anonymous" posters use names. I'd like to know how they got here.