Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

Ah, the old Thanks of Giving is upon us once again. A day of parades, stuffing, Turkey, stuffing Turkey, and stuffing our gullets with stuffed Turkey while we pass out on the couch watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

For the last two years, here and here, I've been listing off the things that I've been thankful for. Don't forget to read other thankful posts here, here and here.

I'd like to disclose the things that I'm thankful for in 2008:

-I'm thankful for my friends, family, and Fraternity Brothers once again. I went through a few rough patches this year, but they've all been there to support me. I feel quite bad that I've been too busy with work and such to really take the time out for them, but I hope they know that I truly care about all of them.

-That one of my friends got me in to see a taping of The Daily Show the day after the election!

-This blog. Over the past 9 months, this blog (and my other one, In 10 Words) has kept my sanity. I went through my first break-up exactly 9 months ago, and Beaming For Bunnies was launched not too soon afterward. All of the writing that I've been doing has kept my mind busy from turning irrational, and the feedback I've received has been great. It's a pure ego boost for me, I really needed the reassurance.

-My readers. Without you guys. this blog is nothing but the rambles of a crazy person. I wish there were more of you guys, though. But I truly am thankful for the ones I've got.

-Jones Soda. It's mad good.

-So is Vault and Vanilla Coke.

-Also, Buffalo Wild Wings. Sure wish I could make it out to Cheap Wing Tuesday again.

-My job at CVS. Yay, money! Also because I have Black Friday off for the first time since I started working! No more 4:30am opening shifts for me!

-Manhattan, just because it's there. It's a reasonable distance from me (1 hour by train!) and flat-out awesome place.

-Ever since my %^#@ TV took off Travel Channel, my one station for background noise, I've been forced to retreat to the Food Network. Thanks to that, I've since been exposed to the awesomeness of Alton Brown, Iron Chef America, as well as the guilty pleasure that is Semi-Homemade Cooking. That Sandra Lee is batshit crazy with disgusting recipes, but the snark factor is through the roof.

-Mystery Science Theater 3000. Especially its reincarnation, Rifftrax. Their riffing of Transformers and Batman & Robin are some of the funniest things I've ever listened to.

-The Wii, but more importantly, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-The fact that Nintendo re-released Super Mario RPG on the Virtual Console. Just as good as I remembered it!

-Videos like this:



-And, most of all, this:



The largest Rickroll in history, courtesy of Mr. Astley himself. I'm not too surprised that Joel Goddard would be aware of this, despite the pre-taped script he was handed. He does work for Conan, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Colbert dancing video is one of my favorite things in the world. Straight white men that can dance are awesome, even if they dont look cool doing it.

Anonymous said...

Glad we share a lot of the things for thanks. Hope all is well, my friend.